American soldiers who were serving in World War I saw a different style of houses in the French countryside. After that, this kind of homes started getting built in the US too. While this design originated in France in the 1600s, it became quite popular in the 1920s. Then for some period it lost its charm but is now once again popular among the people. The one thing that appeals to people the most is the elegance of the French Provincial Home Architecture.
The French Provincial Home Architecture
French Provincial Architecture has specific standalone characteristics that distinguish it from other forms of architecture.
1. They Have A Proportioned Layout
Unlike most of the different styles, French Style Homes are built in symmetry and quite balanced. Their balance can be seen in the well-proportioned structure of these homes. The windows in these homes are equally divided on both sides so that the balance is maintained.
2. Their Exteriors Are Made Of Brick
Unlike other houses in the US, where timber is preferred for the exteriors, French Provincial Architecture uses bricks or stones. While it is not a rule to use bricks for the entire exterior, architects sometimes use timber along with bricks to add decorative elements to the house.
3. Steep And Hipped Roofs Are A Distinguishing Feature
These houses have steep roofs that slope down towards the walls of the house. Their steep roofs are visible from a distance and are therefore decorated with wooden elements.
4. They Have Tall Windows On The Second Story
These houses are known to have tall and arched windows on the second Stories. These tall windows sometimes protrude out of the roof line of the house.
While these houses are once again gaining popularity, they are always on the higher side when it comes to expenses.
Get a Free Consultation Today!
- Beach House Port Campbell - The stunning coastal town of Victoria, Australia – Port Campbell is a dream location to enjoy the beach and sand with your family. The city is situated on the Great Ocean Road on the west side of Twelve Apostles within the Shire of Corangamite. This town is very less populated and has a small population […]
- Beach House Apollo Bay - Beach House Apollo Bay is an ideal house for renting for families visiting Apollo Bay. This house is located near the coast of Apollo Bay near about 1km that is just a 10 minutes walking distance from the beach—boasting air-conditioned place with a beautiful freshening balcony. The beachfront property provides access to the patio and […]
- Beach House Fairhaven - Fairhaven is located in the coastal area of Surf Coast Shire. Fairhaven is a small coastal city with a lot of adventure and fun. Fairhaven is one of the perfect city in all cities for families to enjoy. To enjoy to the fullest, you will need a Beach House Fairhaven which must be near to […]
- Beach House Lorne - Lorne is a beautiful holiday location for you and your family. If you love sand, water, and sunbaths, this will be the most memorable vacation of your at Lorne. The Beach House Lorne is also available, which is located just near the beach (about 500m at a walking distance. The Beach House Lorne is very […]
- The Contemporary Beach House Anglesea - The Contemporary Beach House Anglesea is best known for its exceptional designs, making it one of the best beach houses on an international level. It has garnered huge popularity due to its elegance and grandeur. Spanning over a large area, this beach house includes five bedrooms and bathrooms and four car parks and living spaces. […]
- Beach House Torquay - Planned to enjoy these summer vacations or weekends in winter in Torquay this time, don’t worry, we are here with one of your’s best accommodation. Beach House Torquay is one of the best houses situated nearby the coastal area of Torquay. For small or mid-sized families, this is the entirely renovated home. The Beach House […]
- Beach House Ocean Grove - Recently renovated cozy Beach House Ocean Grove, with the renovated floor, appliances, kitchen, and gas log fireplace. The lounge room with a television, DVD player, and wifi has a couple of comfortable couches with these. There are also various games, puzzles, and books available in the living room for your entertainment. The dining area inside […]
- Beach House Corio Bay - In the southwest corner of Australia, Port Philip, the Corio Bay is located. It is one of the most numerous bays of the Southwest corner. Corio is a suburb nearby, so it is named as Corio bay. If you have just reached Corio Bay and you are looking for comfortable accommodation, you don’t have to […]
- Beach House Safety Beach - Beach House Safety Beach is a beautiful property with a garden full of greenery in it. The property is set in Safety House near about five km from Martha Cover Harbour. This beach house is fully air-conditioned, and this is located about 400m away from the Safety Beach. Wide varieties of facilities are available inside […]
- Beach House Sorrento - The beautiful life in Sorrento is full of adventure and entertainment. Living the good life in Sorrento’s limestone buildings while dining by water or browsing galleries and boutiques is entirely fascinating and beautiful. You can dive, swim slow, take a sunbath or swim alongside dolphins and you will love this place once you settle here […]