Features of French Provincial Homes
If you’ve ever been to France, you must have been wowed by the kind of homes there. Homes in France are very different from that of the other countries. They have some peculiar characteristics that make them unique. There are specialized architecture agencies that can help you design your home in the French way. French provincial architect can guide you through the entire process. Here are some unique features of French Provincial Homes.
1. These Houses are Made of Brick
As opposed to timber standard in other nations, houses in France are made of brick or stones. You will see that sometimes they even feature half-timbering. This gives these houses a unique look.
2. French Homes are Symmetrical
Homes built in French style are quite balanced. You will observe that the entrance to these houses lies in the middle, with an equal number of windows on each side of the house. It is well proportioned. Some apartments also have a round tower at their entrance.
3. These Houses Have Steep Roofs
French style homes have a very distinctive style of roof. Their roofs are very steep and hipped. In a hipped roof, all its sides slope down towards the walls of the house. Some houses built in the French style also have dormers. Dormers are new structures protruding out of the roof. They also have windows.
4. The Second Story is a Tall One in French Houses
French houses have tall second story. Tall windows and arches also distinguish these story on their tops. Windows can even extend beyond the roof line in some homes.
If you too are looking forward to designing your house in French architectural style, you should take the help of French Provincial Architect. They will guide you about all the features before you decide to build your home in the French style.
Get a Free Consultation Today!
- Beach House Port Campbell - The stunning coastal town of Victoria, Australia – Port Campbell is a dream location to enjoy the beach and sand with your family. The city is situated on the Great Ocean Road on the west side of Twelve Apostles within the Shire of Corangamite. This town is very less populated and has a small population […]
- Beach House Apollo Bay - Beach House Apollo Bay is an ideal house for renting for families visiting Apollo Bay. This house is located near the coast of Apollo Bay near about 1km that is just a 10 minutes walking distance from the beach—boasting air-conditioned place with a beautiful freshening balcony. The beachfront property provides access to the patio and […]
- Beach House Fairhaven - Fairhaven is located in the coastal area of Surf Coast Shire. Fairhaven is a small coastal city with a lot of adventure and fun. Fairhaven is one of the perfect city in all cities for families to enjoy. To enjoy to the fullest, you will need a Beach House Fairhaven which must be near to […]
- Beach House Lorne - Lorne is a beautiful holiday location for you and your family. If you love sand, water, and sunbaths, this will be the most memorable vacation of your at Lorne. The Beach House Lorne is also available, which is located just near the beach (about 500m at a walking distance. The Beach House Lorne is very […]
- The Contemporary Beach House Anglesea - The Contemporary Beach House Anglesea is best known for its exceptional designs, making it one of the best beach houses on an international level. It has garnered huge popularity due to its elegance and grandeur. Spanning over a large area, this beach house includes five bedrooms and bathrooms and four car parks and living spaces. […]
- Beach House Torquay - Planned to enjoy these summer vacations or weekends in winter in Torquay this time, don’t worry, we are here with one of your’s best accommodation. Beach House Torquay is one of the best houses situated nearby the coastal area of Torquay. For small or mid-sized families, this is the entirely renovated home. The Beach House […]
- Beach House Ocean Grove - Recently renovated cozy Beach House Ocean Grove, with the renovated floor, appliances, kitchen, and gas log fireplace. The lounge room with a television, DVD player, and wifi has a couple of comfortable couches with these. There are also various games, puzzles, and books available in the living room for your entertainment. The dining area inside […]
- Beach House Corio Bay - In the southwest corner of Australia, Port Philip, the Corio Bay is located. It is one of the most numerous bays of the Southwest corner. Corio is a suburb nearby, so it is named as Corio bay. If you have just reached Corio Bay and you are looking for comfortable accommodation, you don’t have to […]
- Beach House Safety Beach - Beach House Safety Beach is a beautiful property with a garden full of greenery in it. The property is set in Safety House near about five km from Martha Cover Harbour. This beach house is fully air-conditioned, and this is located about 400m away from the Safety Beach. Wide varieties of facilities are available inside […]
- Beach House Sorrento - The beautiful life in Sorrento is full of adventure and entertainment. Living the good life in Sorrento’s limestone buildings while dining by water or browsing galleries and boutiques is entirely fascinating and beautiful. You can dive, swim slow, take a sunbath or swim alongside dolphins and you will love this place once you settle here […]